Here's an update on events, blog posts, and code contributions from our active developer community:
- Gary Katz presented on MarkLogic and Semantics at NOVAMUG (Norther Virginia MarkLogic User's Group), which met in our new offices in the DC area last week.
- Brad Rix, Senior Developer and Technical Lead for Content Technology Practice at Flatirons Solutions, is presenting tomorrow at the Denver MarkLogic User's Group.
- Pete Aven is speaking on at the Maryland user's group (MarkUPS) on Wednesday.
- Our community sponsored the O'Reilly Strata Conference including a MarkLogic exhibit. Jason Monberg and Ron Avnur were interviewed live (and recorded) by Silicon Angle. You can watch video footage of many of the conference sessions here (and session slides are available underneath individual session pages.)
- Justin Makeig blogged about using Information Studio and Application Builder to load and search the recently-made-available 11 year history ofBoingBoing. A running demo and his source code are available as well.
- Ryan Semerau posted up a RESTful JSON Interface Like CouchDB
- Kit Wallace is writing frequently about XQuery tips and usage at
- Alex Beasdale posted up Extracting useful information from a server/cluster support dump
- Norm posted up his personal view of the state-of-affairs in the XML - HTML standards relationship.
- The github XQuery language page is slowly becoming an interesting summary of github's XQuery project activity.
- Ryan Semerau announced the SteamWiki project, an open source wikibuilt on MarkLogic. Bits are still forthcoming, but the project is underway.
- David Lee announced his JsonXML schema, an XML schema for representing the JSON data model.
- MarkLogic officially released MarkLogic Server 4.1-9 as well a 1.1-1 release of the SharePoint Connector (whichsupports SharePoint 2010).