Shakespeare Demo Application
The Shakespeare demo application allows you to search across all of the Shakespeare plays and display the plays scene-by-scene. It includes a master table of contents, a search page allowing simple searches with 'and' boolean logic, and an advanced search page which adds near searches to the search options. In any search, you can enter double-quotes around a phrase to indicate a phrase search (for example, "to be or not to be" will return a single hit from Hamlet).
Some of the features and design patterns of the application include:
- generating a table of contents from a content set
- dynamically transforming content from its original XML structure to xhtml (using a recursive typeswitch)
- full text search, including a search box and a search results page
- proximity (cts:near-query) search page
- a simple query parser (parses double-quoted text as phrases)
- some interesting examples of text highlighting using cts:highlight
- dynamically counts and displays the line numbers
- and much more....
- using properties to store metadata