MLJAM is an open source XQuery and Java library (written by Jason Hunter of MarkLogic and Ryan Grimm of O'Reilly Media) that enables the evaluation of Java code from the MarkLogic Server environment. MLJAM gives XQuery programs access to the vast libraries and extensive capabilities of Java, without any difficult glue coding. Example uses for MLJAM:
- Extracting image metadata
- Resizing and reformatting an image
- Generating a PDF from XSL-FO
- Interfacing into a user authentication system
- Accessing a credit card purchasing system
- Connecting to a secure HTTPS web site
- Re-encoding content as UTF-8
MLJAM is distributed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Read the MLJAM Tutorial.
Version 1.2.2 has no new functionality but adds an xquery version "0.9-ml" header to the code, so it works no matter the server's default version.