|Location:||Regardz Planetarium in Amsterdam Zuidoost|
XML Amsterdam 2011 is open for registration!
The conference is meant for developers, markup geeks, information managers, and anyone else with interest in XML. This year's focus is on front-end, back-end, and open standards, with special attention to the technical side of things.
The program comprises one day, three tracks of expert talks, room for sponsor demo's, and ample opportunity to meet and greet with follow enthusiasts.
Contact, registration details, and schedule information can be found at:
The early bird discount of 15% expires at 30 September!
XML Amsterdam is a sister event of XML Prague.
Confirmed speakers and topics
- Opening keynote - Jeroen van Rotterdam (EMC)
- Closing keynote - John Snelson (MarkLogic)
- New Developments in XQuery and XSLT - John Snelson (MarkLogic)
- Breaking down content silo's with CMIS - Bas Peters (VLC)
- The Challenges of XML Authoring for the Rest of the World - Fredrik Geers (SDL Xopus)
- Not Your Grandma's XQuery - William Candillon (28msec)
- eXtensible Access Control Markup Language - Rémon Sinnema (EMC)
- Supporting Search and Understanding Users in Deep and Lengthy XML Documents - Junte Zhang (University of Amsterdam)
- Standardizing the Dutch Waste Sector - Erwin Folmer (NOiV)
- Next Generation Information Server - Jeroen van Rotterdam (EMC)
- XML Author for Microsoft Word: Structured authoring made easy - Markus Moranz (Quark)
And of course will there be a presentation by the Winner of the XML Holland Code Challenge about his solution for the converting TEI to ePub using XProc challenge! Final program, bios, and abstracts will be posted on the website over the coming weeks.
Meet & Greet
To provide even more opportunity to socialize with others, the organizers kindly invite all to come the day before for a social or productive coming together during afternoon or evening. It is intended as free-format and open. If there is interest, facilities for demo's and short presentations can be arranged.