Organize a MarkLogic User Group
MarkLogic Provides the Following Support for User Groups
- Modest financial support to cover refreshments and AV
- Content and a technical speakers when appropriate
- MarkLogic has sample agendas and guidance on best practices for User Group organizers
- MarkLogic will provide special materials to help attract attendees and manage the event
User Group Organizers
- We ask that as the organizer, you also act as the host of the event, introduce each presenter and facilitate conversations.
- Provide an agenda as a basis for the meeting
- Make sure there is time for discussion and informal conversation
- Attendees and presenters should be encouraged to register their participation. MarkLogic will provide sponsorship per attendee.
- We encourage you to help promote the event to the MarkLogic and other relevant communities and to recruit presenters.
- Make sure there is a screen and projector for the demos.
User Group Venue Hosts
- MarkLogic has a broad customer base in several verticals, such as media and government. We know that in our events, competitors are meeting one another and often sharing best practices. If a company is willing to be a venue host, we expect there be no issue with competitive attendance and that all participants will honor confidentiality.
- Having an "anchor" theme or topic, with a presentation or demo that will help focus and facilitate conversation.
- Successful meetings of this type are usually held in 2 hours; presentations are generally 20 minutes with Q&A to keep a high level of interactivity and informal networking time
- MarkLogic can provide sample agendas and guidance on best practices for organizers