[XQZone General] unable to run sample from xquery jsp tutorial

Ron Hitchens ron.hitchens at marklogic.com
Wed Nov 17 11:11:46 PST 2004

    My apologies for not answering this sooner -- it slipped
by me.

    The missing class that the exception is complaining about
is part of the standard servlet API.  The servlet.jar file
is bundled with Tomcat and is usually found in common/lib/
under the Tomcat root.  Any jar files in common/lib are
automatically in the classpath of all servlets and JSPs.

    Which version of Tomcat are you running?  Have you made
any local customizations?  The .war file for the JSP demo
should drop right into a compliant servlet container (like
Tomcat), it contains all the jar files it needs (beyond what
the container is expected to provide).

    On Friday, I updated the JSP project.  Try downloading
the new one and see if it works any better for you.  If
you still have difficulty, let me know.  I wrote the JSP
stuff and I want to make sure any problems are resolved.