[XQZone General] How to pass Node as a parameter through XDBC?

Ron Hitchens ron.hitchens at marklogic.com
Thu Aug 11 11:31:21 PDT 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 10:08 AM, Jason Hunter wrote:

> Juvvadi, Venugopal (ELS) wrote:
>
>> I am assuming that I can specify node as an external parameter in
>> XQuery but I am not sure whether Mark Logic supports this or not.
>> Mark Logic XDBC Statement interface does not provide any method to
>> pass Node as a parameter to XQuery unless I am missing something.
>> Is there a work around for this?
>
> At present, you can't specify a node as an external parameter.  To
> get the same effect you can insert the node as a document using the
> XDBC con.openDocInsertStream() method, then access the node in the
> next query.

    You can't currently pass nodes as external variables with
XDBC.  The details of marshaling and transferring a DOM tree
are a bit more involved than for simple types.

    Passing nodes as external variables via XDBC is planned
for a future release.  A bunch of other improvements are
also in the works.

---
Ron Hitchens {ron.hitchens at marklogic.com}  650-655-2351