[XQZone General] Entity handling

atownsen at wiley.co.uk atownsen at wiley.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 10:39:29 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

Does anyone out there use any mechanisms to try and preserve entities
within Mark Logic?

I see (what I assume to be) the expected behaviour of XML entities, such as
< being preserved but non-XML named entities (e.g. ‐ © )
being translated to character entities like &#...;  This I presume is
because the XML is processed by a conformant XML processor.

Some of our content entiting folk would like to try to preserve the
symbolic names - has anyone else done this?

Beyond the XML spec, is there any stated behaviour of Mark Logic with
entities?  (I did look through the documentation set but didn't find
anything).  Is the list of entities that get translated built-in?

Speaking of the XML spec - does Mark Logic support internal or external
entity declarations as described by the spec?

Thanks,

Andy

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.