[MarkLogic Dev General] can I also set a directory-property?

Michael Blakeley michael.blakeley at marklogic.com
Wed Jun 6 07:27:23 PDT 2007

Edgar,

Note that xdmp:directory-properties() does not return the properties of
a directory. Instead, that function returns the properties of the
documents in a directory. See
http://developer.marklogic.com/pubs/3.2/apidocs/Extension.html#directory-properties
  - "Returns a sequence of properties documents, one for each document
in the specified directory that has a corresponding properties document."

The Developer's Guide has more information about properties.

You might create a metadata document in each directory, using a
well-known URI and element-root (and possibly a collection). You might
also set the desired property on document(s) in your directory, and use
xdmp:directory-properties() to query for it.

-- Mike