[MarkLogic Dev General] cts:highlight performance

Ryan Grimm rgrimm at marklogic.com
Wed Jun 13 08:32:21 PDT 2007

Hi Peter,

A couple questions for you.

This document that takes 40 seconds to highlight, how large is it?

Have you configured a fragmentation policy?

In general I would recommend using cts:search() or cts:contains() to
find paragraphs in the search result that contain your keywords.  Then
use cts:highlight() to highlight the terms in that paragraph.

--Ryan