[MarkLogic Dev General] cts:highlight performance

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Wed Jun 13 09:05:27 PDT 2007

Ryan Grimm wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> A couple questions for you.
>
> This document that takes 40 seconds to highlight, how large is it?

It's only 1.5M, however the majority of the other documents are in the
10-100k region so it is large in comparison.

> Have you configured a fragmentation policy?

Our fragmentation policy is to keep each article in it's own fragment so
that we can use the estimate function with some degree of success. Or
have I misunderstood the effects of fragmentation on the calculation of
the estimate. As I understand it fragmenting an article will result in
that article being counted into the estimate once for each time that a
fragment matches. How would fragmenting the article speed up cts:highlight?

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 358223
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com