[MarkLogic Dev General] Excluding elements from search

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Mon Jun 18 05:27:17 PDT 2007

I have a document structure that is rooted in, for example, <document>
which has somewhere in it an <authors> element.

Sometimes I want to search <document> and all its descendants, this I
can do without any problems in MarkLogic.

However sometimes I want to search <document> and all its descendants
but exclude <authors> and it's descendants. For the life of me I can't
work out how to phrase this.

Does anyone have any ideas (that doesn't involve changing the structure
of the document) how this might be achieved with MarkLogic. I am led to
understand that the 'fields' feature of 3.2 might be of some use here
but again am unsure as to how this might be used.

Thanks

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 358223
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com