[MarkLogic Dev General] CQ Versioning and Bugginess

Engelke, John JEngelke at edmunds.com
Wed Jun 27 11:49:50 PDT 2007

Hello,

Since it is not recommended to run a newer CQ with an older server, i.e.
CQ 3.2.2 with ML Server version 3.1-5, I use CQ 2.2.0 with ML Server
3.1-5 whenever I run into weirdness. (Found at
http://xqzone.marklogic.com/svn/cq/trunk/README.txt and implied by
http://xqzone.marklogic.com/svn/cq/releases/ .)

Question: Out of curiosity, is there a way -- without looking at source
-- to know exactly which version of CQ is running? Does ML release point
builds of CQ?

Bugginess: Has anyone experienced problems importing namespaces into CQ
3.1.0 - I have never been able to do this, and I believe it is a bug.
Here is some sample code and here is an error. This works fine in CQ 2.2
but not at all in CQ 3.1.0 on my Windows box.

Example Code:

import module namespace
dd='com.edmunds.theApplication.theModelContainer.theModel' at
'/com/edmunds/theApplication/theModelContainer/theModel.xqy'

dd:get-myValue();

Returns something like this:

ERROR: eval-in multimedia at
file:./C:\dev\perforce\SomePath\xqyRoot\someDir

SVC-FILOPN: File open error: open
'./C:\dev\perforce\SomePath\xqyRoot\SomeDir\com\edmunds\theApplication\t
heModelContainer\theModel.xqy': Invalid argument

Stack trace:

line 1:

1: import module namespace
dd='com.edmunds.theApplication.theModelContainer.theModel' at
'/com/edmunds/theApplication/theModelContainer/theModel.xqy'
2:
3: dd:get-myValue();

The function works fine in inline code and in CQ 2.2.0. Frankly, I think
there is some path issue with CQ 3.1.0 on Windows boxes (and no I
haven't yet checked this on a Unix box). Please note that I obfuscated
some of the path names above for security reasons but they are all
consistent.

Any advice, knowledge and/or assistance in resolving this irritant would
be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John Engelke