[MarkLogic Dev General] Is there a score threshold?

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Thu Jun 28 06:18:55 PDT 2007

I am searching my documents using the default scoring system with 3.1-5
and searching the whole document from the root element.

When I search for the article by it's title "Indian subcontinent" I can
find it, plus other articles that have that phrase. But the title is
weighted with a 16.

But when I search for the word "bronze", which is in the article but not
in the title the article is not returned. Even if I search for "indian
subcontinent bronze" I can't find it.

The only thing that occurs to me is the article in question is very
large (nearly 5m and quite conplex compared to the 10k and simple of
99.99% of the rest of the articles). Could the size of the document
result in the score being so small as to be effectively zero and
therefore the document is not returned?

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 358223
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com