[MarkLogic Dev General] cq + firefox = no namespaces

Steve Christensen stnchris at xmission.com
Fri Jun 29 08:26:53 PDT 2007

Not sure if someone's reported this problem before.

In Firefox (2.0.0.4), if I use CQ to display an XML document that
contains namespaces (specifically, an AGRIS record like the sample here:
http://www.fao.org/docrep/008/ae908e/ae908e08.htm#P967_48012 )
I don't see the namespaces on the record.

If I do the same thing in IE 7, the namespaces are displayed.

from googling, it appears to be a firefox problem:

    If the XML is not associated with a stylesheet (e.g. CSS stylesheet
    or XSLT stylesheet) and if there are no elements in namespaces
    Mozilla supports (e.g. XHTML namespace, MathML namespace, SVG
    namespace) then Mozilla applies a default XSLT stylesheet to render
    the tree of the document in a pretty printed form.

    If you don't want that then define your own stylesheet and associate
    it with e.g.  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="file.css"?>
    with the XML document.

-Steve