[MarkLogic Dev General] Language Support

Shannon Shiflett at virginia.edu
Wed Oct 8 14:26:18 PDT 2008

Hello,

Reading Language Support in Developer's Guide, it's not entirely clear
how to perform a multi-language-aware full-text query--do I simply use
multiple cts:query constructors with appropriate lang options in a
cts:or-query?

Given a database default language of English, a div element fragment
root, and the following content loaded:

<doc>
</doc>

Taking advantage of the French language module, I want my cts:search
to recall both divs when the cts:word-query is on "suffrage" --
tokenized and stemmed for both languages.  Passing the list
("lang=en", "lang=fr") as the options expression doesn't do the trick,
although that would be easier to code....