[MarkLogic Dev General] API reference available in XML?

Whitby, Rob, CMG Rob.Whitby at currentmedicinegroup.com
Thu Oct 9 10:34:13 PDT 2008

Hi all, especially MarkLogic employees...

As a learning project I'm planning on writing a new interface to the
function reference - powered, obviously, by MarkLogic. I think the
current version http://developer.marklogic.com/pubs/4.0/apidocs/All.html
<http://developer.marklogic.com/pubs/4.0/apidocs/All.html>  has some
room for usability improvements (eg adding a search). I was hoping to
load the html into ML and create an XML fragment per function, but that
isn't going to be as easy as I hoped because the html is pretty nasty
(nested tables, inline styles, the lot).

So I wonder if someone at MarkLogic would be kind enough to provide the
function reference in whatever format (surely xml?) is used to generate
the html. This is a purely personal project, and I'd be more than happy
to release it as open source when i'm done. Who knows, it may even prove
to be a useful tool for the community!

thanks a lot,
Rob