[MarkLogic Dev General] API reference available in XML?

McBeath, Darin W (ELS-STL) D.McBeath at elsevier.com
Tue Oct 14 07:52:56 PDT 2008

Hi Rob.

Have you had a look at http://xqdoc.org <http://xqdoc.org/>  ?

There are XQuery scripts available to translate the XHTML for the XPath
F&O into xqDoc XML ... this sounds somewhat similar to what you want to
accomplish.  At one point, I also had scripts that translated MarkLogic
XHTML (from their documentation format) into the neutral xqDoc XML
format ... although, I never published these scripts on the web site.
These would have been for earlier versions of MarkLogic (3.1 and
possibly 3.2).  I have not tried these scripts for the 4.0 XHTML
documentation.

If you go to the following URL

http://xqdoc.org/enhanced/default.html

You can get an idea for how the xqDoc XML (stored in MarkLogic) is then
presented.  In essence, I think this is what you are describing.
Additional features (such as search) could have been easily added to the
xqDoc presentation, but we were focused on keeping this vendor neutral
... and as you well know XQuery and search quickly diverges into vendor
proprietary extensions.

In any case, drop me a note separately if you want to discuss this more.
I would be happy to look around for the MarkLogic transformation scripts
I had previously used.

Darin.