[MarkLogic Dev General] xpath string construction

Robert Koberg rob at koberg.com
Tue Oct 14 12:20:27 PDT 2008

OK, I jumped in on this thread late without reading the previous
posts. I just did and see what you guys are talking about -- I was
thinking of something else.

We just lock the document for editing (if necessary, unlocking when
someone's session ends). Relying on unique IDs at the element level
would have problems as well (rare, but...). If an element is deleted,
it's unique ID is fair game to be used for a new element since it is
still unique. I suppose you could store all IDs ever used in a
document and check it :(

Use small documents and lock them :)

Sorry for the noise.

best,