[MarkLogic Dev General] Improving Lookup Performance

Steve steve.a.bennett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 06:02:08 PST 2008

Folks,

I've got a MarkLogic instance running with approximately 100,000
documents in it (this needs to scale to approximately 2.5 million),
and I'm doing some basic lookups etc.

I've been executing queries such as those shown below, however the
results are taking a long time to come back. I've got indexes against
the elements and attributes that I'm trying to lookup, however I'm
looking for other ways to improve performance of queries. Anybody got
any suggestions??

example queries

fn:collection()[/doc/item/classification/@value = "class1"]

fn:colleciton()[//classification/@value = "class1"]

fn:distinct-values(fn:collection()[/doc/item/name])