[MarkLogic Dev General] MarkLogic Server 4.2 Now Available on DMC
Eric.Bloch at marklogic.com
Wed Oct 20 16:32:09 PDT 2010
As many of you may have heard, MarkLogic Server 4.2 is now available for download at http://developer.marklogic.com . This significant new release introduces new features in several important areas:
Agility and ease-of-use
* Information Studio - a browser-based tool and high-level APIs that simplify loading and transforming content for information applications.
* XSLT 2.0 - This widely-known and deployed programming language can now be used directly as part of MarkLogic applications. As is the norm with MarkLogic, it is purpose-built from scratch for high-performance and seamlessly integrated with the rest of the server.
* Support for OS X as a development platform - woohoo as I type from my Mac!
* Replication Asynchronously replicate documents between two databases or directories.
* Database rollback Roll back a database to a specified point in time to recover immediately from a data-destroying event.
* Local-Disk Failover High availability in the face of server failure by automatic failover to a synchronous copy of the database.
* Compartment security An extension to MarkLogic's role-based security model to include compartments.
* Password policy plugin Set password policy at the system level with an administrator-defined password check function.
Industry-leading search and discovery
* Distinctive terms Determine the words/terms that best represent a document or a sequence of nodes.
* Proximity boost Boost the score of a search result based on the proximity of terms.
As with all feature releases, 4.2 includes a host of other significant enhancements as well. Below I've also included a list of docs<http://developer.marklogic.com/docs> that are new or have significant additions in 4.2:
* Information Studio Developer's Guide
* Flexible Replication Guide
* Scripting Administrative Tasks Guide
* XQuery and XSLT Reference Guide
* Scalability, Availability, and Failover Guide (now includes local-disk failover)
* 4.2 Release Notes - a summary of new features, upgrade compatibility information, and other information about this release. (Yes, it's a good idea to rtfrn.)
We've also put up a couple new tutorials<http://developer.marklogic.com/learn/tutorials>:
* 5-Minute Information Studio Walkthrough
* Learning to use Search Clustering
and a new sample application for Information Studio<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/information-studio-intro-video> as well.
We'll be releasing a number of other 4.2-related materials available over the next few weeks as well.
email eric.bloch at marklogic.com<x-msg://email@example.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the General