[MarkLogic Dev General] Data Extraction From Older Forest Data directory

Damon Feldman Damon.Feldman at marklogic.com
Wed Aug 1 04:38:23 PDT 2012

Abhishek,

There are a couple tools you can use for this task.

If the old system is still up and running you can use xqsync to move data from one system to another, either using an intermediate file or directly over HTTP.

If you can restore the data to a new system (I'm not sure raw forest moves are supported, but may work if the OS is the same family) you can configure the new copy as a database, then copy documents over to a new, empty database with a new forest. Use the <database> option in xdmp:eval to apply the insert in a different database from the one you are reading from. To do this for many documents use CoRB.

Yours,
Damon