[MarkLogic Dev General] Not enough disk space when merging

Geert Josten geert.josten at dayon.nl
Tue Aug 7 08:20:10 PDT 2012

Hi Gary,

That is would the help seems to indicate:

*merge max size** **specifies the maximum size, in megabytes, of a stand
that will result from a merge. If a stand grows beyond the specified size,
it will not be merged. If two stands would be larger than the specified
size if merged, they will not be merged together. If you set this to
smaller sizes, large merges (which may require more disk and CPU resources)
will be prevented. Set this to 0 (the default) to allow any sized stand to
merge. Use care when setting this to a non-zero value, as this can prevent
merges which are ultimately required for the system to maintain performance
levels and to allow optimized updates to the system.*

* *

(You can find a help link at any admin page..)

So, I think this will pretty much only prevent merge errors from appearing
in the error log.. :-/

Kind regards,

Geert