[MarkLogic Dev General] Not enough disk space when merging

Michael Blakeley mike at blakeley.com
Tue Aug 7 09:32:57 PDT 2012

I don't think a max merge size will help. If the forest could find a smaller set of stands to merge, it would.

You could try lowering the merge ratio to 1. This is unlikely to make any difference, but it's worth a try. Restart the forest after making any changes, so it can come out of the error state.

If you are using an older version of MarkLogic you may be able to disable merges. If you do this, do *not* allow any updates. Ideally, force the forest into read-only or delete-only mode. Otherwise you will likely make the situation even worse.

In any case, running a filesystem down to 17-GiB is an ugly situation to be in. Sorry I can't offer any suggestions, but I hope at least one DBA will read about this and start monitoring free disk space.

-- Mike