[MarkLogic Dev General] Word Document Processing

Tim Meagher tim at aaom.net
Thu Aug 9 11:55:39 PDT 2012

Hi Pete,

Sounds good - thx again!

Tim

From: general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Pete Aven
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:39 PM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Word Document Processing

Hi Tim,

Yes, for 4.2 and 5.0, Default Conversion is not actually enabled by default,
and requires additional licensing.

If you wish to try Conversion out for evaluation purposes, you can use the
Express license.  I believe it's enabled there, but if not, you can contact
MarkLogic at more at marklogic.com and we can possibly enable it for you for
evaluation to see if it meets your requirements.

The Content Processing Framework IS available, so the pipeline I mentioned
for Office 2007/2010 will still work without the additional conversion
requirement.  But for Office 2003 and earlier as well as PDFs, you require
the additional licensing for default conversion.

Hope this helps,

Pete