[MarkLogic Dev General] Query Speed

Irvine, Joseph [USA] Irvine_Joseph at bah.com
Fri Aug 10 09:52:23 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have a basic .NET client that connects to a MarkLogic database with XCC.

I built it around a database that had 1000 XML documents ingested at the time. The queries were quick, almost instantaneous at the time, and the program ran smoothly as a result. I have since increased the size of the database to 20,000 XML documents. While the forms I have through the Application Builder still respond incredibly quickly, the .NET queries are incredible slow, some taking several minutes to run, as opposed to the near instantaneous speed I had before.

Is there some way to increase the speed for external queries?

Thank you,
Joseph Irvine