[MarkLogic Dev General] XDMP-RMRECORD : Journal record too large

Wayne Feick wayne.feick at marklogic.com
Fri Aug 10 14:17:27 PDT 2012

A change in the journal size doesn't take effect until you reboot the
server.

On 08/10/2012 02:15 PM, Danny Sinang wrote:
> I tried raising journal size to 512 for the Fab, Documents, and my
> other database. Am still getting :
>
>  XDMP-RMRECORD: xdmp:invoke("/Xplana/queue.xqy", (fn:QName("",
> "flowName"),
> fn:doc("/validations/1371.xml")/validation/flowName/text(),
> fn:QName("", "fileBinary"), ...)) -- Journal record too large:
> journalSize=256MB, recordSize=402MB
>
> Regards,
> Danny
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Danny Sokolsky
> <Danny.Sokolsky at marklogic.com <mailto:Danny.Sokolsky at marklogic.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     I think it means you are trying to insert something that is larger
>     than your journal size, which seems to be 256MB.  You can try
>     making your journals bigger.  That will take up more disk space,
>     but allow you to have larger journals.  You might try raising it
>     to 512 or 1024 MB.
>
>     -Danny
>
>     *From:*general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com
>     <mailto:general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com>

Wayne Feick
Principal Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Wayne.Feick at marklogic.com
Phone: +1 650 655 2378
www.marklogic.com

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.