[MarkLogic Dev General] Clearing expanded tree cache

Michael Blakeley mike at blakeley.com
Tue Aug 14 13:33:25 PDT 2012

The cache automatically purges anything that can be cleared, on an LRU basis. The error means that the available space is too small for the result set(s) from the active query or queries. If you have 100 concurrent queries that each access 10-MB of non-overlapping results, you need 1000-MB.

Sometimes the answer is to tune the query so that it accesses fewer documents: pagination, for example.

-- Mike