[MarkLogic Dev General] MarkLogic .NET Connector for Framework 4.5 & Metro

Irvine, Joseph [USA] Irvine_Joseph at bah.com
Mon Aug 20 07:05:35 PDT 2012

Hello,

Has anyone had success connecting to a MarkLogic database developing for Windows 8  Metro Apps through Visual Studio 2012 and .NET Framework 4.5?

When attempting to use the current MarkLogicXcc.dll with C# I receive an error, since it apparently includes calls that are not supported in .NET Framework 4.5 for Windows Store application development. I realize I am ahead of the release curve slightly. Are there any more fundamental, basic methods I can use to connect to a MarkLogic database from within .NET that I could try, not requiring the need of MarkLogicXcc.dll? Perhaps raw code that establishes the connection and performs the queries that I could use, or modify as necessary to be compliant with the libraries supported for Metro App development within Framework 4.5.

Thank you,
Joseph Irvine