[MarkLogic Dev General] Resolving error code QName in error:error

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Tue Aug 21 01:59:47 PDT 2012

Danny Sokolsky wrote:

  Hi,

> Ah, I see.  It looks like error:name is a string, so if you want the
> QName to be resolvable, you will have to send it with your error
> call.  There is a 3rd param to fn:error that you can use to send it.

  Yes, I already use it to send some structured information, I can
find a place for that info.  But I think this is a defect: if there is
a QName as content (like in XML Schema, or even in XSLT with XPath
expressions), the corresponding mapping should be in scope (or saved
in another piece of content, as an alternative, like in Schematron)...

  Thanks!  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/