[MarkLogic Dev General] Number of threads for ML app

Michael Blakeley mike at blakeley.com
Wed Aug 22 07:43:10 PDT 2012

Your workload should guide you to the correct number of threads. I would start with 2x cores, because of network latency.

You may also want to consider a load balancer and/or reverse-proxy in front of MarkLogic. The benefits from operational flexibility should be clear. But in the case where you need to handle large numbers of requests from distant, high-latency clients, this gives you a cheap place to buffer them up. If your clients are few and well-connected, this is less of an issue. But the operational flexibility is still useful.

-- Mike