[MarkLogic Dev General] importing package.xml failing to set modules-directory and default-user

Downey, Pat (RBI-UK) Pat.Downey at rbi.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 03:57:09 PDT 2012

Hi all,

  I'm trying to setup a new application server based on the contents of
a package.xml file (that I've previously exported) and am running into
an issue where it doesn't appear that the modules-directory or
default-user are being set as I would expect. The snippet of xml from
the package.xml file that I'm using is below.

When I import this xml file using (POST'ing it to
http://<server>/:8002/manage/v1/package/install/
<http://%3cserver%3e/:8002/manage/v1/package/install/> ) The
default-user ends up as 'nobody', and the modules-database points to
'file-system'.

<pkg:package>

  <package-http-server>

    <links>

      <group-name>Default</group-name>

      <modules-database>Modules</modules-database>

      <database>some-database</database>

      <default-user>admin</default-user>

    </links>

  </package-http-server>

</pkg:package>

Has anyone else run into this issue? Or am I just doing something silly?

Thanks!

Pat

===================== DISCLAIMER ======================
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s)
("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain
information which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this
message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please
contact the sender as soon as possible.

Reed Business Information Limited.
Registered Office: Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS, UK.
Registered in England under Company No. 151537