[MarkLogic Dev General] facing issues for sending email using xdmp:email

Harry B. dnaguy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:20:30 PDT 2012

The biggest problem I can think of is that Google's smtp not only requires
authentication, which is unsupported, but is also on an untraditional port
using ssl/tls.

MarkLogic does not support authentication based relay.

You'll have to configure and smtp server that your ML instance can use
without authentication and set the from, reply to, etc. to reflect the
gmail.com address it is coming from.