[MarkLogic Dev General] Issue with dls:document version delete

Abhishek53 S abhishek53.s at tcs.com
Tue Aug 28 08:17:27 PDT 2012

Hi All,

We are having issue with dls:document-version-delete API. Once the latest
version of the document is deleted, we are not able to create next version
using dls:document-checkout-update-checkin.

Here is the sequence of steps performed over xlsx (binary content)
Step 1:
let $content := BINARY_CONTENT
Step 2:
let $templateURI := URI
Step 3:
(:Insert manageable document inside ML:)
dls:document-insert-and-manage($templateURI,fn:false(),$content,())
Step 4:

(:Creating multiple Version:)
for $a in [1 to 13]
return
xdmp:eval("
import module namespace dls = 'http://marklogic.com/xdmp/dls' at
'/MarkLogic/dls.xqy';
dls:document-checkout-update-checkin( URI ,doc(URI),'update',fn:true())",
(),
<options xmlns="xdmp:eval">
<database>{xdmp:database("db-name")}</database>
</options>
)

(:Till now we are fine:)
Step 5:
let $latestVersion :=
fn:data(dls:document-history($templateURI)//dls:version-id)[last()]
Step 6:
(:Delete latest version:)
dls:document-version-delete($templateURI,$latestVersion,fn:false())
Step 7:
(:Ideally next version should be created by this step:)
dls:document-checkout-update-checkin($templateURI,$content,"update",fn:true())
(:No versions are getting created:)
The retention rule is created to maintained all version of document
Let me know in case this is an known issue or we are missing any step.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Abhishek Srivastav
Systems Engineer