[MarkLogic Dev General] Inserting in a file system module database

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Thu Aug 30 08:43:00 PDT 2012

Danny Sokolsky wrote:

  Hi Danny,

> You can write to the server using xdmp:save.

  Yes xdmp:save(), that's what I was looking for, thank you!

> As David points out though, it is a sharp tool.

  Oh yes, I am very aware of that ;-)  But I am writing an application
which is aimed at being used only for administration purposes.  So the
permissions management should be handled at the app server access
itself, and I decided to trust the admin of the system ;-)

  Unfortunately, I could not find any way to create a directory.  If
the dir I have to put the module into (that is, a sub dir of the app
server module dir) does not exist, then it is an error when I try to
save.  I would have expected an option on xdmp:save() that says "if
the parent directory does not exist, then create it".

  But I did not find this option, nor any other function to manually
create the missing directories...  Did I miss anything?

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/