[MarkLogic Dev General] Inserting in a file system module database

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Thu Aug 30 09:13:58 PDT 2012

Michael Blakeley wrote:

  Hi Mike,

> There is no documented API function for directory creation. But
> http://marklogic.markmail.org/thread/t657yhz5oryvzrj6 includes
> mention of an undocumented, unsupported function.

  Excellent, thanks for the tip!  I don't like to use undocumented
features, but it is good enough for me for this project.

> Or you could write a REST-ish endpoint in some other language to
> handle some of your filesystem operations.

  Sure.  But this would decrease the appeal of this project, of having
everything done in MarkLogic (so the install remains quite simple) ;-)

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/