[MarkLogic Dev General] Creating user with read-only permission

Danny Sinang d.sinang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 06:57:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

I need to create users with read-only permission over all our documents
but, from what I've read, it looks like I have to update the permissions on
all documents to do this.

We've got around 10 million documents in ML and all of them were created
using a user called "x-admin-user" who is assigned the following roles :

admin
security
dls-user
dls-admin
x-admin

The x-admin role has the following default permissions :

x-user : read
x-user : insert
x-user : update
x-user : execute

So far, the only way I can give my new users access to our data is to give
them the role of "x-user" but that gives them update privileges as well.

Is there an easier way to grant read-only access ?

Regards,
Danny