[MarkLogic Dev General] Transaction hangs db

Michael Blakeley mike at blakeley.com
Fri Aug 31 08:48:00 PDT 2012

What version of the server are you using?

That semicolon after the node-replace acts just like a commit, so the explicit xdmp:commit is probably trying to commit an empty update statement. That extra, empty commit seems to be harmless with cq and 5.0-3.3, but your environment may be different. Try something more like the docs example for xdmp:commit, with a commas rather than a semicolons:

xdmp:document-insert("/docs/mydoc.xml", <myData/>),
xdmp:commit()

It might be better to learn how to update MarkLogic documents without using semicolons or xmdp:commit, before jumping into those advanced features. Mostly they aren't necessary, and they add extra complexity.

-- Mike