[MarkLogic Dev General] xdmp:invoke use-case

Alex Jitianu alex_jitianu at sync.ro
Thu Mar 1 00:19:24 PST 2012

Hi,

In MarkLogic 5 the function xdmp:invoke has received an option named
"static-check" that will perform a validation instead of an actual
evaluation. My use case is that I'm editing such an XQuery module opened
from the server and I want to validate it but without having to save it
first. I'm thinking of a sort of content resolver that I can pass to the
xdmp:invoke. Basically a mapping URI->content. So when the server will
need to access a module with a given URI will prefer the content from
the mapping.
Another flexibility that this URI->content mapping gives is that I can
edit a module but I can validate the main module and I just pass the
URI->content for the edited module.

So this is my use case. Does anyone know how I can achieve this using
either XQuery or XCC? Or if currently there is no solution for it, will
MarkLogic think about adding one?

Thanks,
Alex