[MarkLogic Dev General] Sample XQuery Geo Query Please

Mary Holstege mary.holstege at marklogic.com
Mon Mar 5 10:23:11 PST 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:45:27 -0800, Tom Hubschman
<tom.hubschman at warriorgateway.org> wrote:

>     Would somebody be so kind as to email me a sample query, which could
> be executed in CQ, that queries a database of documents using both a
> keyword AND a circle 100 miles from the radius of a point? Below is the
> document structure and I have highlighted the latitude and longitude
> tags. Thanks so much!

Something like this (assuming right binding for 'wg' prefix)

cts:search( doc(),
    cts:and-query((
     "some word or phrase",
      cts:element-pair-geospatial-query(
        xs:QName("wg:physical-address"),
        xs:QName("wg:latitude"),
        xs:QName("wg:longitude"),
        cts:circle(100, cts:point(43.2,-112.2)))
     ))
)

If you want good performance you'll need to have
an element pair geospatial range index set up
on the same triple.

//Mary