[MarkLogic Dev General] fn:error and error code

Geert Josten geert.josten at dayon.nl
Tue Mar 6 10:33:26 PST 2012

Hi Steve,

Even worse. The built-in errors have a different layout:

  <error:code>XDMP-DIVBYZERO</error:code>

  <error:name>err:FOAR0001</error:name>

  <error:message>Division by zero</error:message>

For those from fn:error the code and message element have same contents. To
my knowledge this has always been like this. Not sure why. I reccon it is a
bit late to change it now..

Kind regards,

Geert