[MarkLogic Dev General] xdmp:collection-delete()

Palani TT palanitt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:09:30 PST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to understand the behavior of this function. My requirement was
to delete the records in a particular collection. I had like 2000 records
under a particular userid/folder. I moved 50 records from that userid to a
collection named "Test" using xdmp:document-set-collections() function.
After that, I wanted to delete the collection "Test" by invoking the
function xdmp:collection:delete(). What happened was all the 2000 records
under that particular userid/folder got deleted when I thought only the 50
records were supposed to get deleted. Can anyone please, explain this
behavior?

Thanks,
Palani