[MarkLogic Dev General] xdmp:collection-delete()

Palani TT palanitt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:10:11 PST 2012

Hi Geert,

Yes, I did verify the count of the the collection "Test" using
count(fn:collection("Test")) and it was 50.

Below is the code that I was using to move the doc uris to "Test"
collection,

let $result := for $i in cts:uri-match("/localhost/userid/*")[1 to 51]
             let $insert-collections:= xdmp:document-set-collections($i,
"Test")
              return $insert-collections

return "success"

Since, I used the cts:uri-match(), the first doc uri that gets set in the
"Test" collection will be "/localhost/userid/" and this was the reason for
deletion of all the records under that folder when I tried to do
xdmp:collection-delete().

Thanks for extending your help!

Regards,
Palani