[MarkLogic Dev General] Field lexicon and frequency

Geert Josten geert.josten at dayon.nl
Thu Mar 8 06:31:53 PST 2012

Hi Stéphane,

It would be great to be able to use cts:frequency on words from field or
word lexicons too. (Could anyone comment on why this is not possible?)

But since that doesn't work (simply returns zero), you have either the
option to:
-  tokenize the element values and store each token as a separate element
value, and use element range index to be able to use cts:frequency
- do a cts:search for each word, and approximate the frequency with a
doc/fragment count using xdmp:estimate

Kind regards,
Geert