[MarkLogic Dev General] Comparing Dates

Jonathan Cook jonathan.cook2 at bbc.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 08:58:50 PST 2012

Hi,

I wondered what the best way to compare dates using mark logic xquery was?

My query looks like this at the moment:

import module namespace xinc = "http://marklogic.com/xinclude" at
"/MarkLogic/xinclude/xinclude.xqy";

let $asset_type_code := "STY"
let $asset_creation_date := "20111017"

let $results := /*[
    /*/itemMeta/assetTypeCode[text()=$asset_type_code] and
/*/itemMeta/firstCreated[text()='2011-10-17T14:47:52+00:00']
    ]

return $results

However what I would like to do is use the $asset_creation_date variable
which would be of format yyyyMMdd and see if it equals the first part of the
firstCreated element which is in a different format as above? There doesn¹t
seem to be many date time functions and also I¹m not sure if I¹m going about
this slightly the wrong way or if I would have to do it in a second FLOWR
statement using some string comparison?

Thanks
Jon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/