[MarkLogic Dev General] Comparing Dates

Geert Josten geert.josten at dayon.nl
Fri Mar 9 03:21:40 PST 2012

Comparing Dates

Hi Johnathan,

How about something like:

let $asset_type_code := "STY"
let $asset_creation_date := "20111017"
let $asset_creation_date_start :=
xs:dateTime(fn:replace($asset_creation_date, "^(\d{4})(\d{2})(\d{2})$",
"$1-$2-$3T00:00:00"))
let $asset_creation_date_end := $asset_creation_date_start +
xs:dayTimeDuration("P1D")

return

    doc()[//assetTypeCode = $asset_type_code][//firstCreated >=
$asset_creation_date_start][//firstCreated < $asset_creation_date_end]/*

It might perform better though if you’d rewrite to for instance:

cts:search(

    doc(),

    cts:and-query((

        cts:element-value-query(xs:QName("assetTypeCode"),
$asset_type_code),

        cts:element-range-query(xs:QName("firstCreated"), ">=",
$asset_creation_date_start),

        cts:element-range-query(xs:QName("firstCreated"), "<",
$asset_creation_date_end)

    ))

)/*

This requires a few indexes though..