[MarkLogic Dev General] search:search() - show phrase results first

Danny Sinang d.sinang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:26:09 PDT 2012

Hi,

Am looking to implement a business rule that says "Phrase results must be
displayed before partials".

So if, using search:search(), I looked for the phrase "medical research",
all results having that exact phrase should be shown first, followed by
results for "medical" and "research".

A previous contractor managed to implement the generation of the phrase
results + partials.  But the problem is, some of the results for "medical"
and "research" are displayed first because of their higher scores.

How do I tell MarkLogic to give phrase results a higher score instead ?

Regards,
Danny