[MarkLogic Dev General] Time limit exceeded

Ron Hitchens ron at ronsoft.com
Mon Mar 12 15:39:26 PDT 2012

   You set the time limit on the appserver page in
the Admin UI: max time limit and default time limit.

   But if you're trying to do lots of updates, in the 100s
of thousands or millions, in a single transaction, it may
still blow up.  Your code will need to acquire locks and
other resources as the transaction progresses.

   You're better off using a batch processing tool like
CORB that makes updates in reasonably sized chunks.