[MarkLogic Dev General] search:search() - show phrase results first

Ryan Dew ryan.j.dew at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:52:16 PDT 2012

You might want to look at the distance-weight option for the cts:word-query

"distance-weight=*number*"A weight applied based on the minimum distance
between matches of this query. Higher weights add to the importance of
proximity (as opposed to term matches) when the relevance order is
calculated. The default value is 0.0 (no impact of proximity). The weight
should be less than or equal to the absolute value of 16 (between -16 and
16); weights greater than 16 will have the same effect as a weight of 16.
This parameter has no effect if the word positions index is not enabled.
This parameter has no effect on searches that use score-simple or
score-random (because those scoring algorithms do not consider term
frequency, proximity is irrelevant).

I believe this can be passed as a term-option in your search options.

-Ryan Dew