[MarkLogic Dev General] search:search() - show phrase results first

Danny Sinang d.sinang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:21:05 PDT 2012

Hi Will,

Thanks. How can I adjust the query weights for the phrase search ? Is there
a ready made function / option for this ?

Danny

On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:35 PM, Will Thompson <wthompson at jonesmcclure.com>
wrote:

 Danny,

To be certain, you would need to do two searches and display the results
one after the other – depending on how your paging is set up, you could see
how many results remain in the phrase search before you execute the second
search.

Alternately, you might be able to get similar results by OR-ing the two
queries together and adjusting the query weights such that a phrase will
always outscore any other word combinations.

-Will